At Rocket City FurMeet, we are here to have a get-together - a gathering of friends new and old. We are here primarily to have FUN, but also to simply be ourselves and to not worry about the mundane concerns that we think about during the rest of the year. Here we can be who we really want to be without concern for what most people would respond. Still, as a Convention we have a responsibility to describe those things that will not be acceptable behavior in public and convention areas, even though these items may seem like common sense to the majority of us.
A set of Rules and Policies must be in place for the protection of all convention participants and must be observed by all at RCFM. The reason we explain this now is so there can be no argument later about what the policy or rule was. This Code of Conduct applies to everyone at the convention without exception, including convention Staff. Violations of these Rules and Policies will be taken seriously by the Security Staff, for the protection and safety of all attendees.
Any convention participant or attendee of RCFM, Staff and volunteers included, will be given two warnings for minor offenses and will have their badge (which is their admission to convention areas) removed on the third offense. Severe violations may incur harsher penalties, and could also result in badge removal. Removal of a badge means expulsion from the convention and exclusion from all convention areas, including the Hotel. The distinction between a minor or severe violation of these Rules and Policies will be at the discretion of the Security or Executive Staffs at RCFM.
- RCFM Security Staff will have distinctive uniforms and/or badges and will be patrolling or stationed at needed locations. Please cooperate with RCFM and hotel security at all times. (Hotel staff have the same authority as a member of the convention Security Staff.) If Security asks you to move your activities or modify your behavior, failure to do so will be considered a violation.
- Don't hesitate to go to our Security Staff with problems, even if it is of a sensitive nature. They are here to ensure a safe and fun convention for everyone, and are not just here to enforce rules.
- You must have your badge on you and visible at all times in convention areas. Admittance to all areas requires a badge. Fursuiters or others in costume are also required to wear a badge at all times in convention areas. If you need a "fursuiter" badge with a different name, you may inform the registration desk of this need. Second badges of this nature are subject to availability.
- Any RCFM participant may be required to show valid identification and/or proof of age at registration or at any other time during the convention. A distinctly colored badge will be issued to minors for the safety and protection of all convention participants.
- Attendees under the age of 18 must inform the registration desk of their age at the time of check-in, are required to show ID, and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If a parent or legal guardian is not present, they are required to have a signed and notarized Parental Consent Form from a parent or legal guardian before getting their badge or participating in the convention in any way.
- Minors under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or appointed representative at all times when in convention areas. Minors under the age of 10 must be accompanied at all times in any given area of the hotel.
- Minors might not be admitted to designated areas or attend designated events, so please be aware of any areas or events marked as "Adult-Only" since minors will not be admitted to these areas or events.
- Any penalties for any violation of these Rules and Policies by a minor will be levied upon the minor in question AND upon the parent, guardian, or appointed representative who was supposed to be supervising said minor at the point in time that the violation occurred.
- All attendees and Staff must abide by all federal, state, and local laws.
- Harassment of any convention participant, of any type or in any way, will not be tolerated. Harassment is a major violation and will result in removal of your badge and expulsion from the convention. If you are told "No" or "Leave me alone," you do not need to be told a second time. If you find yourself a victim of harassment of any kind, please notify a member of Security immediately so the situation may be dealt with.
- Alcohol is not allowed in convention or public areas. This includes the hallways, lobbies and other common areas, with the exception of the hotel bar and at the Manager's Reception. Please remember to tip your bartender(s).
- Please be discreet and responsible if you have any alcoholic beverages or substances in your private room. No public intoxication will be tolerated, as per Alabama State law, and any incidents will be reported to the proper authorities.
- Convention participants under the age of 21 found ingesting any alcoholic substance will be in violation of Alabama State law. They will have their badge removed and will be expelled from the convention since this is also a major violation of these Rules and Policies. Anyone found serving alcoholic beverages or substances to anyone under the age of 21 will have their badge removed and will be reported to the proper authorities.
- Any convention participant found with any illegal substances, such as illegal drugs or contraband, will have their badges removed and will be expelled from the convention since this is a major violation of these Rules and Policies. Any said person will also be reported to the proper authorities, since this is also a violation of Alabama State law.
- Weapons are not allowed in any convention areas, even if part of a costume or display. Any object with the appearance of a weapon must be safeguarded or peace-bonded, then inspected and approved by a member of the Security Staff before they will be allowed in any convention areas.
- The taking of pictures for personal use is acceptable, but you are requested to ask any convention participant's permission before taking pictures of them. If any pictures are used for professional purposes or for broadcast media in any way, shape, or form without the express written permission of the RCFM Executive Staff, those persons responsible for this violation will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the laws of the State of Alabama.
- Professional employees of any News Media and any Members of the Press, in any shape or form, will not be allowed in any of the convention or hotel areas unless they have requested and been granted a Press Pass by the Executive Staff of RCFM before May 9, 2009. Those requesting a press pass will be interviewed and have their background checked for legitimacy of their Press or News Media credentials.
- Individuals or groups granted a Press Pass must visibly identify themselves as "Press" at all times, to the approval of RCFM Executive Staff. Press will also be required to request permission of any and all individuals in any and all convention areas for interviews, taking of photos, film or video, or any other activity intended for broadcast or public release.
- The granting of a Press Pass to any individuals or group does not automatically grant permission to attend convention events or admission to convention areas. Any individual granted a Press Pass will also be required to purchase a Member Registration for the convention and receive a badge for admission to any convention area.
- All Rules, Guidelines, Policies and Codes of Conduct listed on the entirety of this website, including the policies on harassment, apply equally to members of the Press or any News Media, other visitors to RCFM, or any individual within convention areas (with the exception of hotel staff).
- We ask that you please keep public displays of affection to a minimum in all public areas. Overt displays of affection can be considered a violation by security staff and will be declared a violation at the discretion of the Security or Executive Staffs or their volunteers. Hugging, back scratches, and non-sexual kissing are examples of acceptable behavior, but RCFM convention areas are a family-friendly environment and will be monitored by Security Staff to keep them within limits of acceptable public behavior.
- Nudity or obscenities in violation of federal, state, or local law will be considered a severe violation and can result in badge removal and expulsion from convention areas. Fursuits, costumes, artwork and other displays are subject to these same nudity and obscenity laws and, if necessary, must be dressed, covered, enclosed or otherwise be modified to be in accordance with state and local laws. (A note on adult artwork in the Den, artwork kept in closed notebooks or binders is fine. Please monitor minor badges.)
- Outright displays of BDSM or bondage gear will not be allowed in convention areas and will be requested to be moved to a private room because they may be considered a violation of these Rules and Policies, and could likely be a violation of local or state law. Collars are allowable, but leashes are not.
For the safety and enjoyment of all RCFM convention participants, we ask that you please observe these Rules and Policies at all times while at RCFM and while you are in any Convention Areas, which include all public spaces in the Hotel.
If everyone observes these Rules and Policies while at RCFM, and generally behaves in a publicly acceptable manner while at the convention, then our Security Staff will have nothing to do. This is our goal at RCFM, to have a very bored Security Staff, but only YOU can make that happen.
Remember that we're here to have FUN, so be sure to enjoy the time that you spend at RCFM! We sincerely hope that there are no problems whatsoever at the convention, that your time spent here with us leaves you with only pleasant and happy memories, and we especially hope to see here again next year!